Sunday, January 19, 2014

(THM-S SNACK/TREAT) Original-Mock Starbucks Lemon Cake-THM Inspired (MIM)

Original THM Inspired Mock Starbucks Lemon Cake (MIM)
                                 https://www.pinterest.com/pin/345580971378433597/

This was one of my very first recipes, after learning a bit about how to get around my kitchen the THM way! It was a big hit around here, with my family, and it was a big hit with many Trim Healthy Mama's!! One of the bloggers offered to put it up on her blog to share with everyone, as I was not pinning or blogging at the time. I've posted it here, for your convenience. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!

I had seen a picture, going around on FB, shortly after starting my THM journey, of a delightful looking Starbucks Lemon Cake! I suspected that I could make this cake the Trim Healthy Mama way, and I DID! I've learned from THM, that I can enjoy good food and still not blow my goal, in striving to stay healthy and trim.

Here's the recipe for the cake:
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
1 Tbsp. Almond Flour
A tiny shake of Sea Salt
Plan approved sweetener to taste. Start with 1 TBSP ( I always put mine in the Ninja to powder it, for easy mixing)
1/3 of a large lemon, squeezed into the mix (If I'd had Lemon Extract, I'd have added 1/4 tsp, instead.)
1 Tbsp. melted Refined Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp. Warm Water
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
 3 Tbsp Egg Whites OR One egg (using one egg, makes it richer and taller, plus gives it a lovely yellow color)

In a mug or bowl (aprox. 10 oz.) Mix all dry ingredients well. Add melted, refined coconut oil and the warm water. Stir well. Now, add remaining ingredients and stir well. Cook in microwave (same bowl) for about one minute.

Recipe-Frosting:
1 Tbsp. Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp. Refined Coconut Oil
Good Squeeze of Lemon or a few drops of Lemon Extract
Plan approved sweetener to taste/ Start with 1 tsp ( I always put mine in the Ninja to powder it, for easy mixing)
Few drops Vanilla Extract
Mix well and spread over cake while it is still warm
I sprinkled a bit of fresh lemon zest on top for extra yumminess and color!



              

2 comments:

  1. Thank you...So much easier to read/follow! Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by to enjoy the recipe!

    ReplyDelete