Wednesday, August 5, 2015

THM-S Inspired Skinny Chocolate Mock Mounds



Ok, folks, this is not the prettiest picture, but I was really in a hurry to post and share it for some very anxious THMs!! What started out as a recipe FAIL, that looked like some kind of frozen Oreos, got an extreme amount of attention on the Trim Healthy Mama Facebook page. As busy as that group page is, I had no idea that so many women would even pay attention to that picture of my Mounds mess! 

Speaking of messy, this picture really leaves something to be desired in the area of "food photography", but for now, it's really the best that I can do.

These creamy, dreamy Skinny Chocolate Mock Mounds "candies", are very close to the real deal! If I had more time to play in the kitchen, I'd re-do these in a nice "Mounds" shaped mold/pan for you!

I know you came here for the recipe, so here ya go, my friends!

INGREDIENTS;
3 TBSP Sweetener ( I just add 4 doonks of Stevia powser to my mix of Xylitol/Erythritol blend)
Pinch of Sea Salt
5 TBSP Cocoa Powder
3 TBSP Natural Almond Butter
1/3 Cup Melted Organic Coconut Oil (Not refined-because you actually DO want the flavor!)
1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract

DIRECTIONS:
Put the sweetener and salt into your Ninja blender to blend to a powdered consistency.
Pour this into a mid sized mixing bowl, along with all of the other ingredients, and mix well. Place your silicone candy molds on a cookie sheet, for easy transfer into the freezer.
Now, spoon about half of  the chocolate in equal amounts into your candy molds. I used 16 silicone muffin molds, so I could only use about a scant tsp of chocolate to layer onto the bottom of that mold. If you use fewer molds, then you can add more chocolate to the first layer!  I wanted to be sure to leave plenty to cover the coconut layer!
Place the cookie sheet into the freezer for about 15 minutes, while you prepare the coconut filling.

Now for the COCONUT FILLING-

INGREDIENTS:
1 TBSP Sweetener ( I used my usual Xylitol/Erythritol mix, plus 2 doonks Stevia)
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
4 TBSP Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil


DIRECTIONS:
Place the sweetener into the Ninja blender to blend to a powdered consistency. Then add the coconut into the mix and blend again, just a little, so that it's "fine", but not powdered.
Now, add softened cream cheese and coconut oil to this mix and blend some more!
What you should have now, is a creamy coconut filling.

Pull your frozen chocolates out of the freezer. Spoon the creamed coconut mix onto each of the chocolates, in equal parts. I had so many molds, that I could only use about 1/2 or 3/4 tsp of the creamy coconut for each chocolate.

Finally, spoon out the remaining chocolate over the creamy coconut into each silicone mold, being mindful to use equal distribution. It seems that it was about a tsp over each, then I went back and drizzled the rest, just the best that I could.

Place the cookie sheet back into the freezer for about 15 minutes.

These are quite rich in flavor! It won't take much to satisfy your sweet tooth with these!
It just doesn't seem right that one can enjoy such goodness in a treat, and still maintain health and a weight loss trend, but coconut oil is a metabolism booster, so enjoy!
The total batch has about 21 net carbs, and plenty of good fat, so if you only made 12 bars/candies out of this batch, then each one would have just less than 2 net carbs.Be sure to keep this snack in "S" territory! 








1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Can't wait to try these :) thank you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete