Wednesday, September 2, 2015

THM-S Inspired Chicken & Cabbage Soup

THM-S Inspired Chicken & Cabbage Soup

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/345580971385207511/


This is definitely "comfort food"! It's a family favorite around here. It is the most simple recipe that I have, yet it tastes like a lot of work went into it.

INGREDIENTS-

Whole, thawed chicken
Enough water to completely, generously cover the chicken
One whole, washed, sliced cabbage
One, whole sliced onion
Sea Salt
Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
1/2 stick butter



DIRECTIONS-

Place chicken into the large pot and cover with generous amount of water and bring to boil. Allow this to cook for about 25-30 minutes, then pull the chicken out for de-boning.

Place the sliced cabbage and onion into the boiling pot of water, while you de-bone your chicken.

Place the chicken back into the pot and reduce the heat to medium temperature.

Add all other ingredients. I purposefully left out the measurements on the seasoning, as I suggest that you go with the amount that suits your taste buds. I like our soup to be pepper-y, so I add about 2 TBSP. I used about 1 TBSP garlic powder and 2 TBSP onion powder, 1 TBSP sea salt.

The soup should cook about another 25 minutes, to ensure that cabbage and onion have softened enough. The longer the better, though!! Go ahead and cover it and let it just simmer on low for a while, if you are not in a hurry, as this soup only gets better the longer it sits/simmers. If you manage to have any left over the next day, it's a great lunch!


This soup is great topped with sour cream and served with these:
http://got2beglutenfree4me.blogspot.com/2015/08/thm-fp-inspired-parmesan-bread.html










3 comments:

  1. Can I have the nutritional information?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have the nutritional information?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it w/o the butter and a tbsp of the seasonings. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Still waiting on nutrition information.

    ReplyDelete